- 7:30 PM – BPF board meeting, open to the public
- 8:30 PM – Reprieve by Carmela Lanza-Weil
- 11:00 AM – Salvation Road by D.W. Gregory
- 1:00 PM – Hamlet Bound and Unbound by Andrew Rothkin
- 3:00 PM – Punctuated Equilibrium by David Allyn
The last weekend of this month, the alumni of the National Conservatory of Dramatic Arts (where Mario teaches classes in comedy) will be producing Our Lady of Sandwich, a comedy he wrote with his friend, Keith Bridges. Our Lady of Sandwich had a public reading at the Baltimore Playwrights Festival’s "marathon" session on March 10th.
The play takes place in Sandridge, North Carolina, a small Southern town that finds itself suddenly turned “head-over-Tarheels” when a diner waitress says she and her best friend were visited by the Virgin Mary. The only thing more bizarre than the reported apparitions are the comical events they set into motion around the town – pitting locals against sightseers, Baptists against Catholics, and truth against fiction. The story provides a funny, yet thought-provoking, look at the nature of miracles.
Show times are March 29 @ 8 pm, March 30 @ 8 pm, March 31 @ 3 pm and 8 pm, and April 1 @ 3 pm.
Admission is free, but seating is limited. To reserve seats, call 202-333-2202. (There will be a suggested donation of $10 at some perfs. )
- 11:00 AM – Raising David Walker by Peter Snoad
- 1:00 PM – Lethal Injection by Michael Reimann
- 3:00 PM – Our Lady of Sandwich by Mario Baldessari and Keith Bridges
The Oberon Theatre Ensemble will present a staged reading of Mark Scharf’s play The Whispers of Saints on Sunday, March 25th at 7 p.m. at The Lambs (America’s First Professional Theatre Club – est. 1874) located at 3 W. 51st Street, New York City. The Whispers of Saints won both Best Play and Best Production … Read more